New wind ensemble arrangement

Well I suppose I have kept my promise and not updated very much now, have I?

Lately I’ve been working on arranging one of my choral pieces for one of the wind ensembles I play in. It has been an interesting project — especially since after writing a percussion part, Sibelius decided to crash on me before I managed to save it. On the bright side of things, I think the re-written part was an improvement on the original version. All I really have remaining is to format it, create the parts, and format those so they look pretty. And of course print it all.

Unfortunately for me, printing is the hardest part. Normally that’s not difficult, but the last year or so, a bug has come up in Sibelius that doesn’t allow me to print music! It might have something to do with the fact that I’m still using version 2 (and they’re now up to version 6). I print the pages and they all come out blank! The same thing happens if I save it as a PDF — it saves as that many blank pages. Definitely an odd bug. I’m probably going to upgrade in the next month or two so that I don’t have to keep saving things as a Scorch webpage and THEN printing. I’m not too keen on doing that for every single individual instrument part!

So aside from the few technical issues, all is going well. I’m dedicating this piece to my grandfather who passed away in early September — right around the time that I decided to write it and did the bulk of my work on it. It’s just too bad he won’t be around to hear it.

Leave a comment


Name*

Email(will not be published)*

Website

Your comment*

Submit Comment

© Copyright Deborah R. Mullan - Designed by Pexeto
%d bloggers like this: